- Portal Home
- District Home
- Submit Your News
“Get Fit on Route 66” is an online exercise challenge that will take you on a nostalgic, virtual journey across 2,448 miles of the historic Route 66. Participation is easy — choose any physical activity you like; then, for every minute of exercise you log during the 6-week challenge, you’ll travel 3 miles along Route 66 (up to 90 miles a day).
The challenge starts Sunday, April 2 and ends on Saturday, May 13. During the six week challenge your goal is to log at least 30 minutes of physical activity each day, five days a week. You’ll learn how to incorporate exercise into your daily routine and experience the many benefits of an active lifestyle — and, hopefully, create a lifelong fitness habit!
You may exercise as an individual or form a team to spur yourself on! The ultimate goal is to form a consistent, lasting exercise habit (at least 30 minutes per day). Team scores will be determined by a combination of the average # of daily minutes exercised by the team and how many Route 66 signs the team has earned. (Check out the Route 66 website at https://svvsd.getfitonroute66.com starting March 20 for additional details.) To form a team you must have no fewer than four members. (Recommended team size is 4-6.) A prize will be awarded for the “Best Team Name” so get creative! The final day to register as a team or individual participant is Saturday, April 8.
Get your kicks on the “Get Fit On Route 66” website with these winning features:
· Really cool tracking tools. Watch your classic car move along the historic route every time you record daily activity. You’ll see a running total of miles traveled, miles to go, and average weekly exercise minutes.
· Daily inspiration. Opt in for brief encouraging messages.
· Team spirit. Road trips are more fun with a rowdy bunch of friends so form a team and enjoy a little competition, extra motivation, and accountability.
· Activities galore. Ready to try something new? You’ll find activity descriptions, information on how to get started, and helpful links.
· Top-notch resources. Healthy recipes, fitness, nutrition, weight loss, and behavior change information is only a few clicks away.
· Nifty prizes. Individual and team prizes will be awarded throughout the 6-week challenge.
Ready to buckle up and take off on a fitness adventure? Participation is open to all district benefit-eligible employees. Register online at https://svvsd.getfitonroute66.com starting Monday, March 20. Once you are registered, you can also download the free Route 66 mobile app at the App Store or Google Play Store for easy tracking. For more Get Fit on Route 66 details, contact Vicki Mair at ext. 57341.